2020 Linking Google AdWords To Analytics
Once you set up your AdWords account, the next step is to link it to your analytics account. Linking the two lets you see how users interact with your marketing after clicking on your ads. You set goals to see what actions your users take on your site, whether that’s making a purchase or subscribing to your blog.
Linking your AdWords and Analytics is beneficial to gain more insight into your clients. Analytics enables you to analyze in-depth detail about the visitors on your website. It provides helpful information that can aid in shaping the success strategy of your business.
With Analytics enabled, you can perform the following functions:
- View ads and site performance data in the AdWords reports in Analytics.
- Analytics metrics such as :
- bounce rate
- average session duration
- pages or session visits
- % of new visitors to your site
- % of recurring visitors
- Remarket to people who have been on your page
- Detailed geographic information and much more
How To Link Your Accounts And Remarketing
- Click the gear icon (admin) on the lower left and go to Google Ads Linking
2. Under the property view, navigate to Google Ads linking
3. Find the AdWords you want to link your Analytics to and turn on All Website Data and click Link accounts.
Create a Remarketing Audience in Analytics
- Under the property view, navigate to Audience Definitions then click on Audiences
2. Click +New Audience
3. Select All Users and label it accordingly then click “Next step”
4. Add destinations to AdWords and Analytics
Now that you have successfully linked your AdWords to your Analytics account, you can better measure your audience within both channels and it doesn’t demand a huge amount of time to get you started.